Home > Nick Turro
- Wesleyan University (CT) B.A. Chemistry, 1960.
- California Institute of Technology, Ph. D. Organic Photohemistry,
- Harvard University, NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, Physical
Organic Chemistry, 1963-64.
- PhD, Organic Photochemistry (1960-1963).
George S. Hammond, Caltech.
- Postdoctoral, Physical Organic Chemistry (1963-1964):
Paul D. Bartlett, Harvard University.
(all at Columbia University)
- Co-Chairman of Chemical Engineering, 1997-2000.
- Chairman, Chemistry Department, 1981-83.
- Professor of Earth and Environmental Engineering, 1998-present.
- Professor of Chemical Engineering, 1997-present.
- Wm. P. Schweitzer Professor of Chemistry, 1981-present.
- Professor of Chemistry, 1969-81.
- Associate Professor of Chemistry, 1967-69.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry. 1965-67.
- Instructor of Chemistry, 1964-65.
2005 Theodor Förster
Award, German Chemical Society
2004 Honorary Degree, University Fribourg,
2004 Mayor’s Medal of Science, New
2004 Pimentel Award in Chemical Education
, American Chemical Society
2003 Columbia University Presidential Award
for Excellence in Teaching
2002 NSF Director’s Distinguished
Scholar Research Award
1999 Willard Gibbs Medal, Chicago Section,
American Chemical Society
1999 Colloids and Surfaces Award, American
1998 Strahlenchemie Preis, Max-Planck-Institute,
1996 Caltech Distinguished Alumnus Award
1994 Havinga Medal, Leiden University,
1994 Porter Medal Award, Japan, Europe
and Inter-American Photochemical Societies
Photochemical Award in Photochemistry
1987 James Flack Norris Award, Northeastern
Section of American Chemistry Society
1986 Harrison Howe Award, Rochester, NY
Section of Amer. Chemical Society
1986 Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award, American
1984 D.Sc. Honorary Degree, Wesleyan University
1983 Ernest O. Lawrence Memorial Award,
U.S. Department of Energy
1981 Elected Member American Academy of
Arts & Sciences
1981 Elected Member National Academy of
1973 National Fresenius Award, Phi Lambda
Upsilon 1974 Pure Chemistry Award,